The Cru is seeking a talented and passionate marketer to join our team of brand specialists in Sydney.
Travel, eat, drink, explore, learn and be part of one of the ‘hungriest’, results-driven agencies in Australia. Support, engage with and promote our highly-respected clients, including top restaurants, chefs, bars, tourism destinations, hotels and festivals.
A love for tourism, food and hospitality is a must, and understanding of and experience in these industries would be highly regarded.
A dynamic, driven, creative ideas person with a true love of hospitality and tourism.
A strategic thinker who sees the big picture but thrives on a hands-on approach, possessing the skills and know-how to execute successful campaigns and activities end-to-end.
A proactive, highly self-motivated individual with a desire to learn and embrace new ways of communicating.
A solutions-focused silver-lining seeker, who sees every challenge as an opportunity.
A jack of all trades who can work across multiple marketing services and disciplines, with the ability to seamlessly switch from one tactic to the next.
An approachable, supportive and passionate team player.
An ace at time management who loves to juggle multiple projects and people simultaneously.
A story seeker and teller who lives to discover and tailor a client’s stories to varying audiences via different channels.
A curious candidate who’s not afraid to ask why, and find new and improved ways of working to gain maximum results.
A creative data geek who loves drilling into insights and analytics, applying knowledge to better each marketing activity.
Minimum 5 years’ experience.
What knowledge and skills must the successful applicant have?
· Ability to take or create a brief, develop a plan which feeds directly into a client’s business objectives, and deliver a creative, results-driven strategy through considered but often quick execution
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to edit and add value to the work of others
· Experience with email marketing campaigns and database management (i.e. MailChimp)
· Proficient with web builders and CMS (i.e. WordPress, Wix)
· Social media skills – content creation and management of social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
· An understanding of an experience applying data insights and analytics to marketing efforts
· Knowledge of the Australian media landscape including influencers e.g. top chefs, television personalities and renowned bloggers
· Highly motivated and driven to exceed expectations
· An eye for detail, an understanding of audience and an ability to tailor a message to suit accordingly
· Strong interest and knowledge of the food, drinks, tourism and hospitality industry
· Highly computer literate
· Photoshop, InDesign skills and knowledge a bonus
What are the key responsibilities?
· Managing multiple client accounts in the marketing division: day-to-day client contact, running regular client meetings, managing client and stakeholder relationships, managing and executing marketing strategy tailored to each client
· Creating, executing and analysing marketing programs, campaigns and partnerships which feed into the business strategy of clients
· Planning and executing programs and projects from concept to completion
· Copywriting and content creation/management for marketing materials and assets, including internal communications, PR pitches, sales collateral, visual assets (imagery and video)
· Managing email marketing campaigns including database management, content creation and distribution
· Managing photoshoots and videography
· Managing social media, including content, posting, community engagement, paid advertising and campaigns
· Managing website content and optimisation, and, in some cases, project managing new website builds working with web developer partners
· Delivering local area marketing campaigns and events
· Securing and managing partnerships and leveraging community engagement opportunities
· Public relations initiatives including media enquiries and pitching, organising hosted media experiences, and coordinating send outs
· Dealing directly with media, influencers and stakeholders
· Ensuring all communications is on brand and on message
· Assisting with strategy creation and implementation for new clients
· Contributing to The Cru marketing initiatives and channel communications
· Managing analytics and reporting for clients
· Training support and administrative staff
This role reports to the Marketing Services Director, working collaboratively in a tight-knit team of marketers and communicators.
If this is you, please send your CV and cover letter to Jasmine Cook: firstname.lastname@example.org
cru (kroo; French; noun): A mark of quality and best practice; the culmination of combining the best raw product, best practice, and best talent.
As a specialist agency we know our niche and our best work reflects what we believe in. We share our clients' vision. We understand their DNA. They seek us out because we’re as passionate about their business as they are.
Our people come from various backgrounds including public relations, marketing, publishing, digital media and events. The one thing they all have in common is their shared passion for hospitality and destination. We curate this human mix so that we can give clients the creativity and expertise they need to craft their brand identity, generate effective campaigns, share their story and engage with the audiences that matter.
We are boutique, flexible and nimble. We are honest and transparent. We value relationships and longevity. We immerse ourselves in brands and businesses to understand what they need. We are experts. Our results speak for themselves.
We are proud of our recognition in the industry. We won the mUmbrella CommsCon Awards for Best PR-led Event or Activation in 2017 and 2018, and were finalists for Boutique Agency of the Year in 2016 and 2017. We were also highly commended for PR Idea of the Year in the 2017 Travel Marketing Awards.
We work with restaurants, bars, food and wine festivals, people, hotels and destinations that are best in class.
We focus on brands holistically, identifying strengths and challenges, benchmarking against the competition, determining aspirations and goals, and tailoring the full spectrum of our communications and marketing tools to their needs.
Strong relationships are at the heart of our offering. We are the glue between brands and their desired audiences, creating meaningful introductions and connections which further their message and their business.