We are looking for a passionate Account Executive to join our team of PR and Marketing Services professionals. A passion and understanding of food, along with a desire to learn about the restaurant landscape, the hospitality industry at large and travel would be an advantage.
You’ll be joining a crew of specialists to engage with our highly respected clients, including top restaurants, some of the world’s best chefs and most loved tourism destinations across the country.
You’ll be lucky enough to attend and execute a selection of the country’s most premium culinary festivals and events.
Travel, eat, drink, explore, learn and be part of one of the ‘hungriest’, results driven agencies in the country.
The Cru are brand specialists dedicated to sharing the stories of visionaries across restaurants, food and beverage, destinations and lifestyle.
We stick to our core capabilities and leverage a deep understanding of our industry to deliver across all aspects of the communications and marketing spectrum. We are proud of our recognition in the industry: twice nominated for the CommsCon Boutique Agency of the Year Award (2016 and 2017) and twice finalists, 2017 winners of the mUmbrella CommsCon Award for Best PR-led Event or Activation. We were the only specialist agency to receive these nominations.
Our clients love us for our honesty, focus and strategic thinking, and new clients seek us out accordingly. They include Tourism Australia, noma, Sepia, Matt Moran’s restaurants in the Solotel group (Chiswick, Aria and Barangaroo House), Nespresso, Jock Zonfrillo, Bentley Restaurant Group, Ormeggio at the Spit, Guillaume Brahimi, Rootstock, Automata, QIC and Margaret River Gourmet Escape. Past clients have included The Grounds, Taste of Sydney, Number 1 Bent Street, David Thompson and Long Chim.
Our team members are renowned for being the most passionate experts in their field, hailing from diverse backgrounds and disciplines across the entire communications and marketing mix. Although grounded in PR, our business has expanded to offer our clients expertise in marketing, events, social media, publishing, sponsorships and partnerships.
A creative and dynamic candidate who can fill the role of PR Account Executive.
A candidate with true love and knowledge of hospitality – food, wine, drinks, influencers/bloggers.
Someone who is proactive, highly self-motivated, has a desire to learn and embrace new ways of communicating.
Someone who is approachable, supportive and passionate about telling the client’s stories to the media and influencers who matter.
Minimum 1-2 years media/marketing experience.
The Account Executive will support the broader team through managing the media clippings, client reports, and media master lists. They will assist through support for client campaigns working collaboratively with team members, and reporting in to the Client Services Director.
The Cru encourages growth and career progression, and will support with mentoring and training courses wherever possible and relevant.
• Good knowledge of the local media landscape including influencers e.g. top chefs, television personalities and renowned bloggers
• Knowledge of the food, drinks and hospitality industry is essential and must have a strong interest in these industries
• Social media skills – managing social media platforms for clients including Facebook, Instagram, twitter and blogs
• Integrating all forms of communication channels including digital in to PR strategies
• Highly motivated and driven to exceed expectations
• Advanced computer skills
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to edit the work of others
• Experience in pitching stories to media eg. print, broadcast and radio
• Manage distribution of clippings to be sent daily to each client with an overview intro on what coverage they’re receiving daily
• Manage updating media lists across all relevant clients
• Create a comprehensive report that outlines the success of the campaign and the results achieved
• Compiling the weekly Intel email which is distributed to our client database
• Updating The Cru website weekly with news.
• Managing The Cru info email and distributing accordingly
• Supporting the team with social media community management for The Cru accounts.
• Follow all systems/reporting
• Manage the contacts database.
• Attention to detail and genuine desire to work to high standards to ensure allocated tasks are completed in the time allotted
• Assist with supporting the team on their client campaigns - plan and execute the PR campaign for a client from start to finish – ie: restaurant launch, new product into the market, execute national food event.
Our vision is to share stories with a curious audience.
Our foundation is our expertise and love of hospitality.
Our results speak for themselves.